6. Fruit & Carrot Smoothie by Lisa DeFazio
Nutritionist and health expert, Lisa DeFazio, elaborates that antioxidants found in oranges improve the functioning of blood vessels and lessen the risk of cardiovascular problems. Papayas assist in preventing arteriosclerosis as Vitamin C and E are present in them. Carrots, known for sharpening vision, are filled with antioxidants to help protect from problems of cardiovascular system.
- Blue berries : ½ Cup
- Banana : ½ in Quantity
- Orange Juice : 1/4th Cup
- Red Grape Juice : ½ Cup
- Papaya : ½ in Quantity
- Carrot (Juiced) : 1/4th in Quantity
Put all ingredients in blender, mix, pour and drink!
7. Blueberry & Pomegranate Smoothie by Joy Bauer
Joy Bauer, who is nutritionist and health-expert, says that sweet blueberries and tart pomegranates makes up a super-fruits based powerful drink. They are rich in antioxidants to protect you from diseases. In addition, berries have fibrous content to control cholesterol levels.
- Frozen Blueberries (unsweetened) : ¾ Cup
- 100 % Pomegranate Juice : ½ Cup
- Vanilla Yogurt (Without fat) : ¼ Cup
- Lemon Zest : ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice (Fresh) : ½ tsp
- Ice Cubes : 3-5 Cubes
Mix up all the ingredients by blending them well till it’s smooth enough to be taken. Add cubes in the end and blend to get them crushed.